You cannot use an article that was done during the May 2006 version of this assignment.
- Search the Internet and find a legitimate newspaper, magazine, or scholarly article that deals with the reality (social or political) portrayed in 1984. Consider articles which deal with comparing aspects of our world with that of Orwell's dystopia.
- Once you've found an article, write a summary or response to the article. Your summary must follow the criteria set out for our class's blog.
- Copy and paste the original article after your summary / response. Be sure to include the URL underneath your copy of the article.
- NO DUPLICATED ARTICLES. ONE ARTICLE PER STUDENT.
Search Engines of noticeable consideration:
- Google - http://www.google.ca
- Google News - http://news.google.ca
- Google Scholar - http://scholar.google.ca
Search Engine tips:
- Read this amazing explanation http://www.google.ca/intl/en/help/basics.html#keywords
- Use keywords
- Use combinations of keywords
- Do not type sentences or questions
- Use quotations to force a word order
- Use the + sign to force a connection
- USE THE ADVANCED GOOGLE SEARCH
- George Orwell
- Go to our course website, and on the main page, select the Search Engine Guide.